(Return to the home page)
Poems and Quotables
For Jokes, click here.
Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer (verse 2)
Your turn! Submit a worthy poem
Quotables (by topics)
I've picked up these quotes and sayings over the years from various sources -
a bumper sticker on an off-ramp in Austin, TX;
a sermon in the '70's in AR; church marquees in TN, KY, and AL;
strange things funny people say; funny things strange people say- you get the idea.
I thought they were worth sharing. Enjoy!
Jesus / Truth / Choices / Prayer / Church / Devil / Dealing With Others
Influence / Life / Abortion / Marriage / Patriotism / Evolution / Providence
Jesus [ Top ]
- Mary had a little lamb... and He died for the whole flock.
- Exposure to the Son may prevent burning.
- If you meet me and forget me, you haven't lost anything. But if you meet Jesus and forget HIM, you've lost EVERYthing!
- God grades on the cross, not the "curve."
Truth [ Top ]
- Prevent truth decay; brush up on your Bible.
- Don't put a question mark where God put a period.
- Some minds are like concrete: thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
Choices [ Top ]
- If you're sowing your wild oats, you'd better pray for a crop failure!Prayer [ Top ]
- Life has many choices. Eternity has two. What's yours?
- If you're going to heaven, earth is the only "hell" you'll ever know. If you're going to hell, earth is the only "heaven" you'll ever know.
- It's hard to stumble when you're down on your knees.
- God answers knee mail.
Church [ Top ]
- Under same management for over 2000 years.The Devil [ Top ]
- Soul food served here.
- Beat the Christmas rush, come to church this Sunday!
- "Ch ch" means nothing unless U R in it. (Oops! A "church" is not a physical structure, but it is a "building," made of living stones. 1 Peter 2:1-5)
- Don't wait for the hearse to take you to church.
- Quit griping about your church; if it was perfect, you couldn't belong!
- You are not too bad to come in; You are not too good to stay out.
- If the church wants a better preacher, it only needs to pray for the one it has!
- Never give the devil a ride; he will always want to drive.Dealing With Others [ Top ]
- Satan subtracts and divides. God adds and multiplies.
- If you don't want to reap the fruits of sin, stay out of the devil's orchard.
- Forbidden fruit creates many jams.
- Opportunity may knock only once, but temptation bangs on your front door forever.
- To belittle is to be little.
- To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart.
- Anger is only one letter short of danger.
- He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses much more; he who loses faith, loses all.
Influence [ Top ]
- "Preach the Gospel every day; when necessary use words." -- Francis of Asissi (1182-1226)Life [ Top ]
- When the world pushes you to your knees, you're in the perfect position to pray.Abortion [ Top ]
- Learn from the mistakes of others; you can't live long enough to make them all yourself.
- Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is mystery. Today is a gift - that's why they call it the 'present.'
- Son, we all die; the only difference is what we do before then.- Young Riders
- Life is ... what happens while you're making other plans.
A college class was presented with a hypothetical case. A young girl, not yet married, not wanting to get pregnant, poor, likely to be ostracized by her friends, gets pregnant and needs to decide whether to keep the baby or have an abortion. The college class was fairly unanimous in recommending an abortion. The teacher announced, "Well, you did it: You just aborted... Jesus."Marriage [ Top ]
- God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.Patriotism [ Top ]
- One man and one woman... for life.
- God has blessed America; let America bless God!Evolution or Creation? [ Top ]
(Note: The criticisms here are leveled against the idea that one species can change into another, or "macro-evolution."
Changes within species, termed "micro-evolution," clearly occur and are not being denied.)
- Time plus Slime makes for a long, hard climb!
- If a frog turns into a prince instantly with the kiss of a fair maiden, we call it a Fairy Tale; if it takes him 400 million years, they call it 'Evolution.'
- "It Didn't Just Happen" (Book by that title)
- Russian cosmonaut in low Earth orbit: "I don't see God anywhere."
American astronaut: "I see Him everywhere."
- Look with a microscope or a telescope; the wonders never end!
- If the people at the SETI Institute (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence, listening for sounds of life in deep space) ever heard any sounds with any obvious pattern, they would jump up and shout, "Intelligence!" Those same men and women are made up of cells with incredibly complex DNA which is shouting, "Intelligent Design!"Providence [ Top ]
- Definition of "coincidence": A situation in which God chooses to remain anonymous
- If God is your co-pilot... swap seats!
Your turn! Submit something worth quoting
©2005-2019 — All rights reserved in all media / Todos los derechos reservados en toda forma.