The Marriage Creed
- CARESS AS YOU WOULD BE CARESSED …Warm your loved one's body with your healing touch. Remember that as babies can die with lack of touching, so marriages can wither from lack of closeness.
- BE A FRIEND AND PARTNER …Friendship can be a peaceful island, separate and apart, in a world of turmoil and strife. Reflect upon the tranquility of the many future years you can share with a true friend and beware of becoming battling enemies under the same roof.
- BE OPEN WITH ONE ANOTHER …Bind not yourselves in the secretness that causes suspicion and doubt. Trust and reveal yourselves to each other, even as the budding rose opens to reveal its fragrance and beauty. REALLY LISTEN …and hear not only words, but also the non-language of tone, mood, and expression. Learn to listen in order to understand rather than listening to argue.
- RESPECT EACH OTHER'S RIGHTS …Remember that each is a person of flesh and blood, entitled to his or her own choices and mistakes. Each owns himself and has the right to equality.
- ALLOW FOR INDIVIDUALITY …Seek not to create for each other a new mold that can only fit with much discomfort and pain. Accept the other as he or she is, just as you would have yourself accepted.
- GIVE MUTUAL APPROVAL …Remember, criticism divides while compliments encourage confidence in the other. Hasten not to point out the other's mistakes, for each will soon discover his own.
- CHERISH YOUR UNION …Let no one come between your togetherness…not child, not friend, not worldly goods. Yet maintain enough separateness to allow each other his or her own uniqueness.
- LOVE ONE ANOTHER …Love is your river of life---your eternal source of re-creating yourselves. Above all else---love one another.
©2005-2018— All rights reserved in all media / Todos los derechos reservados en toda forma.